I´ve been getting that question alot from people in my site and from all of you out there in the United States of America. It´s Ngabare for "What are you doing?!"
And since it´s been a good 6 months incommunicado I thought I should at least write a short bit, bare my soul and all that.
1. Building a library. We have a room in the school with old desks, National Geographic maps that I laminated, and 3 boxes of books. Since we had zero books before and no room I think it´s a big improvement. The equivalent of the PTA and the principle have been really awesome helping me out with it. Along with BESO and WorldCare for the book donations. (Have to give a shout out somewhere!)
2. Building those idealic cabañas on the beach. Yeah. We do those.
3. Teaching lots and lots of English. If you want to practice "I am pretty" with my people, come on out.
4. Giving health talks on AIDs, HIV, STDs, and personal hygiene. Here on the penisula we have an alarming rate os AIDs, HIV, and STDs. Before Peace Corps, I always thought they just existed in Africa. Living here has opened my eyes.
5. Drinking ice cold Coca-Colas from a glass bottle.
6. And pretty much anything else. From study hall teacher, tourism consultant, librarian, health worker, and the occasional hairdresser I tend to do it all.
Love you all. Thanks for still reading. Someday I will post pictures. I promise. I just have to get around to it.