Wednesday, January 23, 2008

"Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will
be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10


It's a saying that's been resonating in my brain for a good month. I don't really understand it nor know what it means. But I think the first two words are key: "Be still".

I'm not still very often. Most of the time my schedule is so jam packed that I had to go out and buy a planner. Yes, a planner. Like the one we used in college.

So for now I'm trying to learn what being still would look like for me. Maybe it's just taking time at the end of the day to journal or maybe it's just taking those adventurous hikes were I end up getting lost and stalked by mountain lions.

Whatever it is, I need to do it. Just to be still and know that He is God. (Not me).

No comments: