Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I think I might loathe you....

at least partially.

See for a while, things were working out. I had my doubts especially since I'm leaving in a couple of weeks and I didn't think it would really work out long-distance wise.

But I said "What the hell?" and did it anyways. Throwing caution to the wind, I checked you out, learned more about you, and then decided to go for it. (Besides, you were cute)

And for a while, things were good. We went to the movies and you didn't interrupt me once. (Which was a refreshing change). We had the lunch dates, the dirty dive bar times, and when I thought it was working, I challenged you on the slopes.

You kept up. You didn't slack. You kept your promises and didn't disappoint.

Then last week, you decided that we weren't working out. You started forgetting things, things that were really, really important to me. And it wasn't just forgetting the small things, it was also dropping the ball when I needed you most.

Yes, I know people recommended you highly to me. But the sad thing is, I can't go back to the way things were. I'm kinda stuck with you for the moment, and I'm just waiting for the chance for me to move and forget you.

So this post is dedicated to you, my blackberry pearl 8100, Cause I think I might loathe you.

1 comment:

Doug said...

I hate technology. Before I left Bridgewater, I decided to take the plunge and get a cell phone. Yes, I was officially in 2002. It took me a while to learn how to use it, but once I did, it was great! Pay-as-you-go, because I do most of my calling on Skype anyway.

But suddenly, Mr. Antenna decided that he wasn't going to work anymore. So for the last month, I've been without a cellphone, nor a home phone. I keep putting credit on my phone so I will at least have voice mail, but it's a pain in the ass. To make matter worse, the company I bought it from said they'd send a package for me to send it back in (for repairs, if they deemed it "my fault," I would have to pay), but they sent it via courier. Of course, I wasn't home, so I didn't get the package. I called the company, and they said they could deliever anytime between 9 and 5. I work 8 to 4, so no dice.

I was going to walk to the courier HQ, but of course it's on the outskirts of the city. I have to take a bus for an hour and then walk for 40 minutes. In this weather? No.

So now I have a $150 alarm clock!